Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 ford expedition: stalls..pats system malfunction..scanner

hello working on a 2000 ford expedition that starts for about 2 seconds and stalls . the theft light is blinking on and off every second or 2the only code i can get out of is is b1845 for pats system malfunction is there a way i can reset the system manualy without a factory scanner
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Unfortunately no the problem you are describing is in most cases caused by a failed key transmitter not being able to read the key or keys and in most cases if this is the case, the dealer scan tool is the only scan tool that can diagnose this and reprogram the system to read the new transmitter if this is the cases. It can not be reset .