snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

Focus: over 200,000 miles..started making..beeping noise..key removed

have a 2003 for focus with over 200,000 miles on it. has once again started making a beeping noise when starting the car and now when the car is turned off and the key removed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

Have you had the battery tested since this happened
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes and there was nothing wrong with it
So this is just a small beep where is the beep coming from the radio area? Do you have any flashing lights or indicators on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nothing. it beeps after the car is turned off and the kep removed. beeps for less than a minute but now it also beeps after the car is started
This normally indicates there is low battery but if it was load tested than it should be good. If battery is good you need to ensure the alternator is producing 13.3-14.4V with engine running if not there is a problem which is the alternator or wiring from alternator to the battery. Check all the wiring connections to the system negative and postive to the battery and connections at the alternator anything questions clean and reconnect the connections make sure they are tight. If all this checks out than your looking at a failing ignition lock cylinder causing the problem which is not too much to replace and can be done fairly quick. Thanks

Danny
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.