Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.

2003 f350: egr..hesitation and blows some white smoke

i have a 2003 f350 with a 6.0 diesel changed egr found no antifreeze in it changed fuel filters and still when i try to take off it has a hesitation and blows some white smoke before it clears itself i am not going through any antifreeze either,,any suggestions karl
Hi, welcome to my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question.

If the white smoke smells like diesel fuel then you have a bad fuel injector. The best way to determine which one is bad is with a Ford IDS monitoring cylinder balance when the problem occurs. Most generic testers do not have these capabilities.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.

A EGR valve that is sticking open could also cause this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i know which injector do i need to take to a dealer
You need to perform a cylinder balance with a Ford IDS to determine the bad injectors. Another sign of a bad injector would be a bad running engine on cold start for 1-2 minutes until warm.