Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2002 ford explorer sport trac: the brake lights, turn signals..fuses

I have a 2002 ford explorer sport trac and the tailights do not work, the brake lights, turn signals, hazards, reverse all work. I have changed out the lamps, fuses and the multi-function switch, but the lights still do not work. Don't know where to turn now. Took it into the dealership and they told me it was the multi-function switch that I had just replaced..
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Replace the park lamp relay in fusebox under hood and let me know if that works...relay should have power going to tan/white wires...brown goes to lights. Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is that located because the only relay that is anywhere close to a park lamp relay is a wiper run/ park relay in the engine fuse box and I cannot find a replacement park lamp relay for the truck.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Here are pictures, its saying there are two..I only see one on diagram let me know if you run into questions....I'm thinking its one or the other.... Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Found it, but the relay is working fine, still no lights though.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
You swapped it with another relay? You feel it click when lights are turned on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I swapped it with the wiper control relay and it clicked both on and off, I am stumped, please tell me that there is something else and I don't have to run new wires.

and thank you for all the help this is the closest I have been in 4 months.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Check 15 amp fuse in location f2.5 in fusboex on interior on side driverdash. Let me know, thanks. I'm getting off line for night.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

checked the fuse, but no luck,

good night