Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech

Fords: 6.0 diesel..turbo..map sensor,ebp sensor fuel pressure 50 psi

Customer Question

i am working on a 2005 superduty with 6.0 diesel will only build 5 psi boost pressure at 3000 rpm idles ok but smokes and no power feels like missing too. new turbo,new egr cooler,egr value,map sensor,ebp sensor fuel pressure 50 psi, I need some help. I have worked on 7.3 6.0 and 6.4 fords but this one is troubleing me.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.

Bamaman39 :

Thank you for using just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

Bamaman39 :

hello

Bamaman39 :

I am reading your problem and it sounds like you have a headache

Customer:

very true it has been 3 other repair shops before

Bamaman39 :

hello?

Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience: 10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
please dont hit accept. i have not gave you a answer yet. now did you replace the vgt with the turbo change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the new turbo came with a new on it but i still had the old one that came off the truck and change it out
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
I see you changed alot. I know i got my butt kicked before like this. It would not go lots of black smoke and would not run. I found a broken wire going into the mass air flow sensor. Pull on the wires a little and see if one comes out. If not you may have a bad mass air flow or a bad pcm not giving the voltage to the sensor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i installed a new ford mass air flow sensor and power and grounds are correct at the sensor. the pcm was changed from another 2005 and still the same thing
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
i didnt see where you changed the maf sensor it said map sensor. Did you check the bbp sensor tube at the exhaust manifold and the sensor part for carbon clog?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
whitch sensor is the one that attaches to the hose off the intake that is the one i changed ebp line open
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
The sensor that is on the rubber hose going to the intake on the passenger side is the map sensor. The maf sensor is the sensor on the plastic air filter housing near the oil dip stick. The ebp is on the drivers side manifold
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this truck has the wire but pluged and no sensor there i see this on late 04 and 05 models
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
Which sensor are you talking about the maf?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no the one on the air cleaner tube the sensor with the hose was replaced with a new ford one
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
so you are saying that the mass air flow is not there and the connector is blocked off? Is there a after market air filter assembly there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no all factory air cleaner and tubes going to it
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.

Here is the factory housing. make sure it looks like this.

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mineis the same but no sensor or place to mount it ,have you not seen trucks with out map sensor
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
yeah i have, but there is usually one with some sensor there. Ok so new map sensor, ebp sensor and ebp sensor tube is clear, no mass ar flow, new turbo and vgt. Now did you do any work to this and it started acting this way? Do you hear a whistle or a high pitch noise when trying to accelrate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it was this way when i got it all i did was install a new egr cooler and the last turbo runs no better than it did when it was brought to me
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
Try this. Un hook the exhaust under the truck from the converter. You may have a stopped up converter that is causing this. It has happened. With it unhooked and moved away from the pipe drive it and see if it runs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have alreay unhooked the pipe at the turbo will this do the same thing
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
Did you unhook it from the Y- Pipe or the pipe going the exhaust?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
both pipes on the turbo and no change
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
If you unhook the y-pipe it will loose boost. now if you just unhooked one at the passenger side then you can tell if the exhaust is clogged. I would recommend doing this under the truck where the down pipe connects. If this does not work then im all out of answers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will try this mon.eve and get back to you and thanks for your help
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
ok please let me know and ill think of some other things
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could the charge air cooler be leaking and looseing boost pressure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you think i am loosing boost pressure on not building it
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
If you have a plastic cac hose on the drivers side yes it can be leaking. A good lest to do this is use a smoke machine.Put rags in the tailpipe and take the ebp sensor out. Put the smoke machine in the ebp sensor place. If you see smoke then you have a leak.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the cac hose is good also removed exhaust underneath truck and no change
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.

Have you scanned it for codes? Where there any?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

under boost code and that all idles smooth all injectors pass both tests have not did compression test but i dont thing any need to ?

Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 2 years ago.
No compression test is needed. I am all out of ideas and you have replaced almost all the things related to the exhaust. I am going to opt out this question and let another expert try to hep you. They may have new ideas. Im sorry that i could not help you find your problem. Please give a little time for someone else to answer. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i understand thanks for your help