Auto Go
Auto Go, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified, ASE certified Undercar Specialist, ASE Advanced Engine Performance certified
18805678

I need a fuse diagram for a 1997 ford explorer?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Auto Go replied 2 years ago.

Auto Go :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Auto Go :

one moment while I post the pictures of the fuse boxes

Auto Go :

Full Size Image

Auto Go :

Full Size Image

Auto Go :

Full Size Image

Auto Go :

those are for the interior fuse panel

Auto Go :

Next I will post the underhood fuse block

Auto Go :

Full Size Image

Auto Go :

Full Size Image

Auto Go :

Full Size Image

Auto Go :

Ok, that is for both fuse boxes and the legends that go with them. Is there anything else you need?

Customer:

thank you very much for that. and i do have another question.

Auto Go :

alright. what would that be?

Customer:

the four wheel drive light while driving the vehicle will flash on and off periodically. and the abs light will stay on constantly. and it seems like all of this happened right after we had an exhaust put on at a shop.

Auto Go :

It will be necessary to have the ABS system scanned for codes. Once you have a trouble code, the proper circuit or sensor can be troubleshooted to pinpoint the cause of the problem. In rare instances, if any welding was done on the vehicle, damage to on board computers can happen. It's always advisable to disconnect the battery if any welding is going to be done on the vehicle.

Auto Go :

There are hundreds of reasons that the ABS light may be on and without a trouble code, it's a guessing game.

Customer:

oh ok. and there definitely a lot of welding going on. and how about the four wheel drive? and i forgot to mention, not only does the light flash, but it also doesn't work.

Auto Go :

Same goes for the four wheel drive. It is controlled by a computer as well and trouble codes will be needed. Since there waas alot of welding going on, anything could have happened.

Customer:

oh ok. thank you.

Auto Go :

I would return the vehicle to the shop where the exhaust work was done and ask them to scan the vehicle for codes. If any module failure codes are present, suspect electrical spikes from welding as a cause. Usually sensors and the like are not affected by welding.

Customer:

alright. thank you

Auto Go :

no problem. Have a great day! And thanks for using Just Answer!

Auto Go, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master certified, ASE certified Undercar Specialist, ASE Advanced Engine Performance certified