Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2004 f350: code reader..white smoke out exhaust lots of it..turbo

OBII code reader code po263 po266 contribution fault can you tell me what this problem is my truck is over heating and blowing white smoke out exhaust lots of it Idon't hear turbo running either truck is 2004 f350 6L

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

For an extreme amount of white smoke with coolant loss you need to have the EGR cooler pressure tested, Odds are its cracked and dumping coolant into the intake.

You must resolve that prior to your contribution codes because alot of coolant can cause a misfire and mimic a contribution code. The codes you have normally just point to have faulty injectors which is very common on the 6.0. So you need to test the FICM and verify its not a signal issue to the injectors prior to replacing them. That test can download from Ford HERE.

Your overheating issue is most likely due to the coolant level lowering or a sticking thermostat but if your white smoke is minimal then you need to do compression and pressure test to check the head gaskets, another common 6/0 issue.