snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.

2002 explorer: cranks..wont start..the fuel filter, fuel pump

my 2002 explorer cranks but wont start. i changed the fuel filter, fuel pump , and relay... still nothing. whats next?
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

Have you checked the fuel pressure and if there is spark present?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks danny,
i have already checked spark, and i do have it, as far as fuel, i disconnected the feed from the fuel pump and nothing still
So the fuel pump is not operating lets check the inertia switch first before anything else the kick panel on the passenger side you will take it off and the inertia will be there plain as day check the pink black wire for 12v and let me know if this is 0 check for the switch to be popped sometimes it happens from odd occurances but if it did it maybe bad causing no power to the pump. CLICK HERE FOR A IMAGE OF THE INERTIA Thanks

Danny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no voltage present brother
Then the inertia is either activated or bad. You can reset the switch by pressing the button down if its already down but not powering the wire than the fuel relay can be at fault this is the dark green yellow wire on the other side of the inertia there should be power there also this must be done with the key in the on position. Thanks

Danny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will there still be a problem if i had already changed the relay?
If the relay is new and you have no power on the green yellow wire than let me know if there is power but its not getting to the pink black its the inertia switch 100% which is pretty common
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there a way to bypass to test if it is so? should i short the wires
You can jumper it thats fine if it works it shows the inertia is bad
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im gonna try right now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im gonna try right now