Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona, Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified. 13 years Automotive Experience.
2499916

2007 mustang: V6..check engine Limp mode with following codes

I have a 2007 mustang V6 that shows check engine Limp mode with following codes. P0102,135, 141, 155, 161, 403, 443,and 446. I know what the codes are. I would like to know what would cause all codes at once.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Rmldaytona replied 5 years ago.

rmldaytona :

Hello.

rmldaytona :
1. All the codes that have been set would be caused by a blown fuse 47 that feeds power to all of the Oxygen sensors (O2s) and the Vapor Management Valve (VMV).

2. Check for a blown fuse 47. If the fuse is good, check for power on the Red/Yellow wire that feeds power to all of the O2 sensors and the VMV valve.

3. Assuming the fuse was blown, check for chafed wires in the harness along the transmission bell housing, for a short to ground.

4. If no obvious harness concerns are apparent, unplug all components and plug each one in, one at a time, to see if one will blow the fuse.
rmldaytona :

1. Locate fuse #47 15A in the Bussed Electrical Center (BEC) (Engine Compartment Fuse Box) and verify the fuse is in place and shows battery voltage with key on.

2. If the fuse is blow, replace and recheck operation. If the fuse blows again, start with closely inspecting the wiring to the O2 sensors and the transmission for anywhere that it should short out.

3. If the fuse is not showing battery voltage with key on, locate the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) power relay #1 next to fuse #47 and swap the relay with another relay that has the same part number. Recheck for battery voltage to fuse #47. If battery voltage is now present, replace the faulty relay.

rmldaytona :

P0102 is a Mass Air Flow sensor fault. P0135 is O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 heater circuit malfunction. P0141 is O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 heater circuit malfunction. Code P0155 is O2 sensor bank 2 sensor 1 heater circuit malfunction. Code P0161 is O2 sensor bank 2 sensor 2 heater circuit malfunction. Code P0403 is EVR Control Circuit Malfunction (ESM System). Code P0443 is EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Circuit Malfunction. Code P0446 is EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction.

rmldaytona :

Additionally, check the transmission harness connector for corrosion and water intrusion.

rmldaytona :

Finally, check the fuse box. In few instances, the fuse box makes poor internal connections and needs replacement.

rmldaytona :

I strive to provide the best answers possible. If you need further help, have any questions, or need
clarification about anything regarding this topic... Please feel free to ask by replying and I will give my best efforts to help you until your full satisfaction is achieved. However, if my answer was helpful and you are satisfied... I ask that you accept my answer so I may be compensated. Experts do not have funds transferred to their account unless the customer accepts. Your satisfaction is my main priority and I strive to provide the best service so please ask if there is anything else I
could help you with.