AlvinC
AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel
10384837

99 ford windstar: no fuel pressure fuse..relay..fuel pump

Customer Question

i have a 99 ford windstar with no fuel pressure fuse is good changed relay i have power at fuel pump plug the wire that has power is the black with white stipe what else should i test
Category: Ford
Expert:  AlvinC replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, but you have me at loss here the fuel pump should be in the gas tank and the power wire should be pink with a black tracer. Did you check your inertia fuel cutoff switch in the right rear of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i installed the fuel pump but still nothing i changed the relay again and it is now running the van has been sitting for 2 years and now the trans wont shift when its cold it does go from 1st to 2nd but when it warms up it wont shift at all
Expert:  AlvinC replied 5 years ago.
Great, Since the van was sitting for 2 years and if the trans was shifting properly when it was parked the seals have most like shrunk do to not being used. I would suggest adding a fluid additive like TransGaurd or Trasnsmedic this will help soften the and hopefully get things working again, Al