david
david, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines
533087

2001 ford windstar oil pressure light comes in low rpm

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  david replied 2 years ago.

david :

Hi thank you for your question hope this helps.

Have you checked the oil pressure with a manual pressure gauge?

In most cases this problem is do to the oil pressure sensor going bad.

Testing

1. Disconnect the sending unit electrical harness.

2. Using an ohmmeter, check continuity between the sending unit terminals.

3. With the engine stopped, continuity should exist.

NOTE

The switch inside the oil pressure sending unit closes at 6 psi or less of pressure.

4. With the engine running, continuity should not exist.

5. If continuity does not exist as stated, the sending unit is faulty.

david :

Let me know what you find.

Customer:

I change the oil pressure switch for a new one and do the same when the light comes few seconds after you hear the noise of low oil pressure when i accelerate the engine the light goes and the noise goes also i change the oil pump and the valve and the spring behind the timing cover all of this happen when the engine is hot

Customer:

If the engine is in parking is ok but if i shift to drive few minutes after the prob. star again

Expert:  david replied 2 years ago.
Hi can you tell me what the RPMs are at the time the light comes on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1000 or1500 as long i running the car and i stop at the traffic light the light comes and when press the gas the light goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if i running the car when stop at the traffic light the light comes then i press gas and the light goes until i stop again ones the light is on seconds after the noise press gas everything goes again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also i forget to tell you that i clean the screen that is on the oil pan then after that the prob start
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello david are you there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i hope that i can fix this prob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if the sending unit produce this prob the light on and the noise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you think that this prob can be resolve without rebuild the engine
Expert:  david replied 2 years ago.
I will opt out so another expert can help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what other inf you need let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok and let me know if you need any other inf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you but i will send the to an auto mechanic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i never get any answer back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i want to know if i ask again with this prob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
today i find out that the rpm were 600 when the light came, on drive gear and when i shift to parking or neutral the rpm change to 950rpm if that is normal or is something else that is wrong answer back please Customer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
EST
Edit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you ask me before about the rpms i wasn't sure now i check is 600 rpms