david
david, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines
533087

Location clutch reservoir 1993 Escort

Customer Question

Location clutch reservoir 1993 Escort
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 3 years ago.

Hi I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Its in a tuff spot its located below the battery tray,,,

Thanks for visiting Just Answer.
john aka eauto

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Check again for a 1993 Escort LX. location clutch reservoir
Expert:  david replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question My name isXXXXX am another expert, Let me see if I can help.

John is right the clutch master cylinder is under the battery. If I understand your question you need to know were the clutch reservoir is.

The hydraulic clutch system uses the brake fluid from the Brake master cylinder. So the clutch reservoir is the brake master cylinder.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
graphic

If you need here is the removal and install instructions for the master cylinder.

CAUTION
Brake fluid contains polyglycol ethers and polyglycols. Avoid contact with the eyes and wash your hands thoroughly after handling brake fluid. If you do get brake fluid in your eyes, flush your eyes with clean, running water for 15 minutes. If eye irritation persists, or if you have taken brake fluid internally, IMMEDIATELY seek medical assistance.

1. Disconnect both battery cables, negative cable first.
  2. Remove the battery and battery tray.
  3. Disconnect the clutch tube from the clutch master cylinder using a suitable line wrench.
  4. Disengage the clamp and remove the master cylinder reservoir hose from the clutch master cylinder. Prevent excess fluid loss by plugging the hose.
  5. Remove the external retaining nut.
  6. Remove the internal retaining nut from inside the passenger compartment.
  7. Remove the clutch master cylinder.

To install:

8. Align the clutch pedal push rod and install the clutch master cylinder.
  9. Install the external and internal retaining nuts and tighten to 14–19 ft. lbs. (19–25 Nm).
  10. Connect the clutch tube and tighten the tube nut to 10–16 ft. lbs. (13–22 Nm).
  11. Install the master cylinder reservoir hose and the clamp to the clutch master cylinder.
  12. Install the battery and battery tray.
  13. Bleed the air from the hydraulic clutch system.
  14. Test the clutch system and make sure there is no leakage.
  15. Connect both battery cables, negative cable last.
  16. Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.
Hope this helps
Good luck
david, Auto Service Technician
Experience: Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines
Expert:  david replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the accept. The feedback is vary appreciated.