Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2007 Ford Explorer. How do you reset the oil change required light?

On 2007 Ford Explorer. How do you reset the "oil change required" light?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Oil Life Reset - Message Center Cluster

NOTE: The oil life calculation is set at a maximum of approximately 8,000 km (5,000 miles) or 180 days

1. Press and release the SETUP button until the message center displays PRESS RESET TO BEGIN SYSTEM CHECK.
  2. Press and release the RESET button until the message center displays HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL.
  3. Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%.
  4. The message center displays SETUP MENU HOLD RESET.

Oil Life Reset - Base Instrument Cluster

NOTE: The oil life calculation is set at a maximum of approximately 8,000 km (5,000 miles) or 180 days.

1. Place the ignition in the RUN position with the engine off (KOEO).
  2. Press and release the TRIP/RESET button until SETUP MENU HOLD RESET is displayed.
  3. Press and hold the TRIP/RESET button until SYSTEM CHECK is displayed.
  4. Release the TRIP/RESET button.
  5. Press and release the TRIP/RESET button to scroll through the system check menu items until HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL is displayed.
  6. Press and hold the TRIP/RESET button until OIL LIFE SET TO 100% is displayed.
  7. Release the TRIP/RESET button. The oil life is now reset.

Oil Life Start Value - Message Center Cluster

NOTE: The oil life start value is used to reset the oil life value back to the maximum of approximately 8,000 km (5,000 miles) if the value was previously changed or to lower the value from the maximum (8,000 km
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change [approximately 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 180 days] perform the following:

1. Enter SYSTEM CHECK to display "OIL XXX% OIL LIFE OK".
  2. Press RESET control to display "HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL".
  3. Press and hold RESET control for more than 2 seconds. Oil life is set to 100% and "OIL CHANGE SET TO 100%" is displayed.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.

Oil Life Reset - Message Center Cluster

4. Release the TRIP/RESET button.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.

Oil Life Reset - Message Center Cluster

4. Release the TRIP/RESET button.

Ron Z., - Ford Tech -