Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

2005 ford freestar misfire and bucks,history code only p306

2005 ford freestar misfire and bucks,history code only p306 changed plugs,wires ,coil
Hello and thanks for your question.

is the misfire constant, at idle, under load? Hot, cold?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
under load hot or cold,but only after it rained
Ford had a TSB for PCM water intrusion causing misfire. Sounds like it could be your problem if only when wet out. Click below for TSB details. I really don't know what else could be causing a misfire only after raining since you already replaced all the secondary ignition components.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well,pcm didn't fix it
I did not tell you to replace the PCM. The TSB directs you to open the PCM and check for signs of water. So you replaced the PCM and it rained again and started misfiring?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no,..dont be so worried, i didnt say you told me to replace it,i dried the pcm out for 2 days in front of a dehumidifier and an industrial blower,but it did not show any signs of water at all,but all that didn't do any good i've had it to 2 shops now and all i get is a "uh we don't know what's wrong with it" i do it's a god dam piece of shit ford,I changed the fuel filter,the egr,put new wires on it again checked all the spark plugs all fine, i just spent 2300 bucks on the bullshit transmission,now i am going to have to take it to the dealer again and pay out the ass for some piss poor engineered problem,i also stumbled across a class action law suit against ford for these exact problems,i've spent almost 4 grand on this hunk of junk in the last 6 months! i am never buying a ford product again and i am going to post all of this on every web site that will let me