Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

I need to know what the OBD2, I need the definition of all the wires

I need to know what the OBD2, I need the definition of all the wires so Ican hook up my fuel enhancer
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

you are looking for a power source?

Steve :

what circuit do you need to hook into?

Customer:

yes; I am hooking up my enhancer; I run water for fuel, and I received a new enhancer from this company...I had to hook up the new enhancer, and I am getting no power. I was wondering if I got the definition of the wired; maybe that could helpo.

Steve :

you just need a power source?

Customer:

I know that the white with a blue stripe is the power, I need to kn

Customer:

no, I need the definition of all the wires

Steve :

If you are looking for power only then get a add on to a fuse and use the fuse box

Steve :

they make push connecters go into the fuse box takes the place of a fuse for power

Customer:

when the original enhancer was takem loose, the ground wire was really shortened..is there another place I can pick up a connection to these wires?

Customer:

'

Steve :

you need a ground use the body

Steve :

for power use the fuse box

Customer:

I have to hook up under the dash...aT the obd2 connections

Customer:

I have grounded out on the body, and I am srtill getting no power

Customer:

the VOLO is new too

Steve :

power is pin 16 at the obd2 connector

Customer:

yes, I kinow this

Steve :

ok then hook it up to pin 16

Customer:

I have

Customer:

pin 4 is ground...I have hooked it up there

Customer:

what is pin 6 & 14?

Steve :

they are can communication wires

Customer:

I have tried just about everything....but I am still getting no power

Customer:

to the VOLO

Steve :

is there no power at pin 16?

Customer:

you know, I should check this with my tester

Steve :

the power comes from the cigar fuse in the fuse box if there is no power

Customer:

is there another place to hook up thjese wires, in case I'm not getting power to pin 16?

Customer:

cigar box???

Customer:

HHHMMmm, I never thought of that

Steve :

Yes there are plenty of power sources in the fuse box and power points

Customer:

ok, thanks!! I'll try that tomorrow.....thank you.

Steve :

your welcome

Steve :

thanks for the accept

Steve, Ford Technician
Experience: 25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wher does a schematic come for the fuse boxin the ford escape??
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
ill work on getting you one
Steve, Ford Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok; heres another question; I have a unt called a "fuelsaver-MPG; dual efie deluxe, tht I need to know how to hook up
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
sorry not familiar with that product would need to see the directions. then I could tell you how to hook it up.

your main problem is you have no power to pin 16 at the dcl connector because the fuse is blown to the cigar lighter. the fuse is in the fuse box under the dash.
Steve, Ford Technician