Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2003 Ford Escape: 3.0 L, V6, running..running rough..crank sensor

2003 Ford Escape, 3.0 L, V6, running rough despite changing plugs, crank sensor and throttle position sensor. What in the world is going on?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Can you go into more detail about how it feels rough and when its noticed at its worst?

Any warning lights on or flashing?

Current mileage?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It started after the engine was degreased and sprayed off with waster. The engine light was on and when driving it seemed to lose power to the point I couldn't get it out of the parking lot of the parts store when I had a qwick check of the problems. Tried to reset it by disconnecting the battery and it didn't do anything but turn off the engine warning light.
Did you happen to get a scan tool on it and get the codes pulled prior to erasing them?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What I got from Auto Zone read out is:

P0300, P0301, P0304, P0305, P0306 and P0316

It has 137,000 miles on it. Could it be the Mass Air Flow Sensor?

You mentioned, you checked the coils, how did you test them?

Have you had it scanned for codes again after all these repairs?

Does the engine feel like its still misfiring or hiccuping?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the coils was checked with an OHM meter. No I haven't had it scanned again because it loses power when I accelerate and I dont' trust it to get me to where the Auto Zone is. Yes the engine still feels like it is misfiring/ hiccuping
Ohm testing the coils is not a efficient test. A coil stress test using a Ford scan tool is the only way to rule a coil good or bad. Based on all this info I am pretty sure there are a few coils bad and causing all of these concerns. If you moved the coils around during the plug service then you need to get it on a scan tool to see which cylinders need coils. If you did not move the coils around then cylinders 1-4-5-6 need new coils. This is actually quite common when they get wet. Water gets into the coil holes and shorts the coil out thus making the coil go weak.