John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

Ford F250 Pickup 4x4 where is output speed sensor located

where is output speed sensor located

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

The output speed sensor will be on the back of the transmission.

Here is a pic, it is the right arrow.

Full Size Image

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

If you need me and it says I am not in chat it is ok. I get a message as soon as you respond so I can come right back.

Customer:

you said right arrow on image, no sensor there but there is a plug on front which would be left arrrow

John Mc :

If you look at the top rear of the transmission on the housing between the transmission and transfer case the sensor will be at the 12 o clock position.

John Mc :

Sorry, this is the second time I posted this, first time did not go through.

Customer:

you were right THANKS, XXXXX XXXXX replace the front pump seal on the tranny and when I check the location you mentioned I found that I had'nt plug the plug back in, again thanks for your help!!!!!!