snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

Ford Fusion Why do windows and sunroof open when car is shut

Why do windows and sunroof open when car is shut off
Submitted: 3 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

The way this vehicle is setup once the key is off and the door is opened the windows should not be accessible without putting the key into the accessory position or in the on position. This can be a glitch in the module for the windows which just needs to be reset. This vehicle has a computer which controls this. I would contact the local dealership as this is abnormal and they should run diagnostics on it just to be sure its just a glitch in the system. If they are unable to fix it by resetting they will check the complete system and will replace the faulty part or upgrade the firmware. This should be covered under your new vehicles warranty without a problem.
______________________________________________________________________________
I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posted in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the news is not what we want it to be and can be expensive and disapponting, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-automotivedoctor/ beginning your question with “Snapontech"
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How often will this occur?
This should not happen but on newer vehicles I have seen it happen a small amount and normally its a computer glitch that causes the troubles. Seems like through travel to the dealerships and not having anybody driving it causes this to happen. Normally after it gets a driver it wakes up the computer systems allowing them to work as they should. But sometimes rebooting the system or firmware updates are necessary nothing that should not be able to be resolved with a short visit to the nearest ford dealership.

Thanks for the ACCEPT have a great evening

Danny
snapontech, Auto Mechanic