snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

1999 Ford Windstar: Inst..cluster..Anti-theft

I changed the Inst. cluster on a 1999 Ford Windstar. It has activated the Anti-theft. Is there a way for me to reset?

John P.
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 5 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

snapontech :

This normally has to be done with the scan tool

snapontech :

There is one way

snapontech :

You can get a immobilizer but I dont recommend it

snapontech :

I would have the programming procedure done which is a very simple task will take about 10 minutes for a shop to do

snapontech :

This is totally normal to happen when you replace the instrument cluster

snapontech :

Will cost you about 20 bucks and almost every shop can so this including lock smiths that have programming scan tools

snapontech :

Which most carry now that everything needs it

snapontech :

There is no way around it but since today is a holiday they will charge alot to come out a locksmith your best option is to wait until tomorrow

snapontech :

Let me know if you have any questions

snapontech :

If I have answered your question in full please take a moment to kindly press the green ACCEPT button in the lower right hand corner Thanks in advance Danny

Customer:

Can any programming scan tool do this task?

snapontech :

Yes

snapontech :

Make sure that 2 correct keys for the vehicle are available, as the system needs a minimum of 2 keys programmed in before the vehicle will start. Perform a Parameter Reset on the PATS, using the IDS. To do this, select Hybrid Electronic Cluster (HEC) from the tool menu, and enter Security Access, then wait through the 10 minute delay. Once Security Access is obtained, select Parameter Reset. After performing Parameter Reset, do NOT perform any other selections (unless a used instrument cluster was installed, in which case, also perform a key code erase), just turn the key off, and disconnect the IDS from the Data Link Connector (DLC).

2. After disconnecting the IDS, turn the first key from OFF to RUN, leaving the key in the RUN position for at least 3 seconds, then turn the key off, remove it, insert the second key, and turn it from off to run for at least 3 seconds. The next time the key is turned on, the THEFT light should prove out, then go off, and the vehicle should start. If it still doesn't start, try cycling each key in the ignition again. If the vehicle still doesn't start, go into the PCM, and perform a Keep Alive Memory (KAM) reset, and the vehicle will hopefully then start.

snapontech :

Thats how its done

snapontech :