John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

Ford: the security indicator is flashing and engine wont start

Customer Question

the security indicator is flashing and engine wont start. how may I correct this problem?
2007 ford fusion
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 5 years ago.

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

If the security light is flashing rapidly and it won't start there isn't much you can do. For some reason either the computer has lost memory of your keys, your key has failed or there is a problem with your pats anti theft system. I hate to tell people this but you will have to bring to a dealer for repair. These systems are propriatary and only ford dealers have the equipment to access and repair them. Also there is nothing the user can do on your end to make it work. I know this is not what you wanted to hear but anything else would just be wasting time.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

If you need me and it says I am not in chat it is ok. I get a message as soon as you respond so I can come right back.

JACUSTOMER-paukwwka- :

Sorry John, it dos'nt help, I was expecting an easier method. I hope you are not thinking of

John Mc :

I wish there was an easier way but this is how Ford designed them. To be hard to access for theives. Unfortunately this also causes the customer to not be able to access the systems. Many car brands have gone to this type of system. Sorry for not helping more but this is all I can do.

JACUSTOMER-paukwwka- :

Am I still in debted to you for the amount of $18? I hope not

John Mc :

No, not if you are not satisfied.