Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2005 ford escape: v..The check engine light is on

I have a 2005 ford escape with a hp3liter v-6. The check engine light is on. i had someone check the code.It reads P0193. What do I need to fix?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

The code P0193 is for the fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input. In most cases it due to a bad sensor but to be sure you should run the pinpoint test. I can send it if you need.

P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor Circuit High Input
Description:The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor circuit to the powertrain control module (PCM) for high voltage. If voltage exceeds a calibrated limit for a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test fails.
Possible Causes:
  • FRP signal shorted to VREF or VPWR
  • FRP signal open
  • Damaged FRP sensor
Diagnostic Aids:An FRP signal high condition can be caused by any number of conditions, including a short on FRP signal to VREF, a more positive voltage level, an open FRP signal or signal return. The FRP signal line is pulled up by the PCM and VREF at the sensor, and down by the sensor through SIGRTN

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fuel rail pressure sensor is located where? and How much dose it cost ?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
The sensor mounts on the fuel rail on the left front side and it list for $123.00. That being said , you really should do the pinpoint test to be sure its bad before replacing it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What are the details of the pinpoint test?

Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Here is the pinpoint test.

Click the link below and hit down load. Start at test DD39.