Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

1995 Ford F-350: I find the Vin number..dump truck..windshield

Customer Question

Where can I find the Vin number on a 1995 Ford F-350 dump truck other than on the door or through the windshield ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 years ago.

FlatHead_337 :

Thats about it as far as Chilton says, "The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is located on the left side of the dash panel behind the windshield and may also be found on a sticker affixed to the door jamb." Even if it was painted how did they cover up the vin under the windshield?

Customer:

Someone nust have removed both of the tags. Isn't there one somewhere on the chassis or around the engine?

FlatHead_337 :

Maybe on the door lock pillar, "The Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification label is attached to the driver's door lock pillar. The label contains the name of the manufacturer, the month and year of the vehicle, certification statement and VIN."

FlatHead_337 :

Why are you looking for another location for the vin anyway?

FlatHead_337 :

If you just want the number, I would look for the build sheet. Personally, I don't know where they put them but I suspect under the seat, stuffed in between the spring and cushion.