snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

How do I fix code PO703 and P1127 and P1780 on a 2000 Ford E-250

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 5 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

snapontech :

I will put the most common cause of each code than tell you what I believe the fix is.

snapontech :

P0703

• BPP switch connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)

• BPP switch circuit is open or shorted to ground

• BPP switch is damaged or it is out of adjustment

• BPP switch power (12v) circuit is open (check the switch inline fuse)

snapontech :

P1780 is fine this just didnt complete the test

snapontech :

• TCS not cycled during the self-test

• TCS connector is damaged (check pins for damage and moisture)

• TCS circuit is open

• TCS circuit is shorted to ground

• TCS is damaged

• PCM has failed

snapontech :

You have to go through all the gears and everything for this to be checked for sure

snapontech :

P1127

• Engine not operating long enough prior to the KOER Self-Test

• Exhaust system temperature too cold to run the KOER Self-Test

snapontech :

Now what kind of problems if any are you having?

JACUSTOMER-fn11nfob- :

where do i find the bpp switch/my problem i sold this van running great about 8 pm to older man the next morning it had a miss and wouldnt pass smog

snapontech :

The brake pedal position switch

snapontech :

This is located at the pedal itself the brake pedal locate these wires Check the Red/Light Green (RD/LG) wire at the BPP switch to make sure it shows battery voltage when the brakes are applied but also that it shows 0 V when not applied. Also check at pin 92 of the PCM. If voltage is still present when the brakes are released, check the Pink/Orange wire at the switch to make sure it's a good ground. If it is a good ground, but the signal wire does not go to 0 V with the brake pedal released, suspect a bad connection or a bad BPP switch.

JACUSTOMER-fn11nfob- :

i did not recieve your reply. Can you please resend it

snapontech :

JACUSTOMER-fn11nfob- :

b p p switch works great no problem there the other two codes most be the problem why it doesnt pass smog it went from co at 15mph .36 to5.69in a verry short time like 5000 miles

JACUSTOMER-fn11nfob- :

The brake pedel switch is working just fine and there is no inline fuse. But I don't understand what that has to do with the smog check. There is no service indictor light on.

snapontech :

The other code 1127 could be a clogged cat

snapontech :

This is the most common problem which this would fail smog