John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

The passive anti-theft if it is stopping you from starting the engine

how do you reset the passive anti-theft if it is stopping you from starting the engine with the proper key
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 5 years ago.

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

So you are trying to start the car with the proper key but the theft light is flashing, correct?

Customer:

yes

John Mc :

Did you do anything that you think could have caused this, battery replacement, used the wrong key... something like that?

Customer:

not that i'm aware

John Mc :

Ok, then. If your theft light is flashing you probably have a problem where something has lost memory or there is a problem with your pats transceiver. There really is nothing you can do at home. You need to get the truck to a dealer so they can scan the system and find the problem for sure. Unfortunately this is pretty much a dealer only job. Only the dealers have the equipment and software to work on the security systems.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

If you need me and it says I am not in chat it is ok. I get a message as soon as you respond so I can come right back.