Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist

2003 ford escape: EGR valve..the transmission was rebuilt in Jun 2011

How much to replace an EGR valve on a 2003 ford escape? The engine was refurbished in June 2008 and again in dec 2009, plus the transmission was rebuilt in Jun 2011. Is it worth it to fix this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.

Tracer :

Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you with your question. It does sound like you have a sticking EGR. Considering what you have done thus far? the EGR is minimal compared. the new part will fall in the price range below and labor is only .4 hours so less than 1/2 hour or say around $45 in the shop. Possible the EGR can be bought aftermarket a little cheaper so you would have to check Autozone, Advance or NAPA websites to see.Even if new dealer item, the job should fall under $200 and yes.. if all is is ok engine/trans ans you want to keep vehicle, it is worth the repair

Tracer :

PartOEM PartPrice
EGR Valve
EGR ValveYL8Z9D475EA$124.42

EGR Valve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. If a the engine was rebuilt in dec 2009, should I be having this problem?
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
Engine rebulhould not affect EGr in any way. Possible just EGr problem OR a piece of left over carbon travelled from /through exhaust which is not part of rebuild