Thomas
Thomas, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  15 years Ford experience. Gas and Diesel certified. by Ford and ASE
3090273

2008 f450 w/6.4L desiel. Check engine light came on.

2008 f450 w/6.4L desiel. Check engine light came on. had it checked it was a exhaust temp sensor. all was checked out and all was said to be good. drove 22hrs to florida yesterday. turned on truck this morning and light is on again??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you today. Did they replace the sensor? Do you know what code it has set now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the sensor was tested and there was nothing wrong with it or anything else. havent had the truck coded
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Ok they should have replaced the sensor that had a code set for it. I often see the sensors act up when they are hot once it is time for testing they cool enough to test good.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would this be a concern heading back to NY and then have it checked out again. Or something that should be addressed asap
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
I would get it serviced ASAP. The sensor can shut down the engine and not allow it to restart if they read wrong. We don't want you on the side of the road.