Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford: fusion front left turn signal light..light turn

Hello

My 06 ford fusion front left turn signal light is staying on consistently. It is on after the ignition is turn off. The right signal light turn on breifly., then goes off. Both of the rear lights blinking at a high rate when the signal leaver is turned for the right or left signal.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Have you completed any electrical diagnostic steps?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No just checked the bulbs themself. the left turn signal staying on after the ignition is turned of is an interesting symptom.

Inside the vehicle, there is a fuse panel. Its called the smart junction box SJB. It is more than just a fuse panel. It also controls most of the electrical signals to components. In your case its 90% likely to be a faulty SJB which needs to be replaced However prior to installing and programming an expensive part you need to complete a few short tests and verify this.

Download the test here.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Chris

Is the SJB inside the engine compartment or the passenger compartment. If it was in the tech doc I missed it
It in the interior of the vehicle (passenger compartment)