snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.

Ford Freestar how to fix a 2007 ford freestar cruise control.

how to fix a 2007 ford freestar cruise control. Cruise on dash light flashes when you push the set cruise button, but cruise will not set.
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 5 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

snapontech :

There could be a few possibilities to your problem. Most likely the problem is with the brake pedal switch. These have a tendency to become faulty so the cruise will never engage properly. I would replace the brake switch first if the problem is still there you will want to get the digital multimeter tool out and do some testing. Let me know if you have any questions. Please take a moment to press ACCEPT if this was helpful. Thanks in advance. Danny I have attached the image of the brake pedal switch which is the most common fault for the cruise. I have circled it in red Thanks

Full Size Image