Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

200 ford f150: fault codes..throttle..fuel filter

I have a 200 ford f150 automatic 5.4 with no fault codes but when I am driving, say 55 and give it gas it loses power but does not shut off. I replaced the throttle posistion ensor and fuel filter with no changes. Any Ideas?
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Because the PCM (computer) isnt setting any codes the problem you are describing sounds very much like you are having a drop in fuel pressure. I would start with installing a fuel pressure gage to the fuel rail service port and monitor the pressure when the truck is loosing the power. The normal fuel pressure should be 35 to 45 PSI. ANything less would mean the pump is failing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand it still may be the cause but the pump that is in it only has about 20,000 miles on it and when I change out the filter there was a good amount of pressure based on the sray that came out. I also forgot to state that when the truck is still not up to normal temp it doesn't seem to do it as much. this about the only possible answer?

Even tho the pump only has 20,000 miles it could still be failing and when they fail it is usually happens when they have warmed up. It would only take a few minutes to install the pressure gage and check the pressure when it is falling down. Usually in most cases if it is an electronic control issue , the PCM would set a light and fault code.