SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior
Experience:  18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical
17143921

Ford F150 Pickup 4x4 where is the fuse for trailer lights

where is the fuse for trailer lights on a 2002 ford f150?
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.

There are two fuses that each contribute to the trailer plug, one is in the engine compartment fuse panel and the other in the passenger compartment fuse panel. I have attached illustrations below showing which fuses to check

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how to open the battery junction box?
Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.
there is a plastic tab on the side that must be depressed while lifting on the lid
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How to open the engine compartment fuse box? Also, the passenger fuse diagram looks nothing like mine - mine has relays etc.
Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.

I just double checked my information and you are correct, I mistakenly retrieved info on an E-150, give me a few moments to get the correct info for you

Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I apologize for that, please disregard the previous information, the trailer fuses are all in the engine compartment fuse box, I have attached a new illustration below indicating which ones to check, Were you able to get the lid off yet by depressing the tab on the side of the box?

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't get the lid off - which tab, where etc.
Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fuses appear ok. The brake lights/turn signal lights go on, but not the other outside running lights. Faulty connector?
Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.

The bulbs in the trailer use different filaments for the park lamp than the turn and stop lamps, are you sure the bulbs are good? Have you checked for power at the plug with a test lamp and the park lamps on?