A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Ford Escort ZX2 the crankshaft sensor

Customer Question

I have a 2000 ford escort zx2, the crankshaft sensor code is tripping the check engine light and the car wont stay running. I replaced the crankshaft sensor and it ran great for about 20 minutes. Now it wont start at all. I check the sensor with a multi meter and it reads about .44 ohms so I think the sensor is good. I check the sensor connector with a multi reader set to AC 10 and the ignition on and I can't get a signal. I turn the car over and I still don't' get a signal. From what my code ready manual says this may be a PCM issue and if so it would have to be take to a service center. Any recommendations?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

What is the actual code # you are getting from the ECU?