Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas

show me where the tps sensor is on 1997 ford f350 deisel

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Are you trying to replace the sensor?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i'm trying to replace it
Expert:  Shawn replied 3 years ago.

-What is the 8th digit of the VIN?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i'm trying to replace it f
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have looked in books . looked online and ask ford where it was
Expert:  Shawn replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. The 7.3 diesel is not equipped with a TPS sensor.

Please give me a few moments to upload the information for you.

And Please don't forget to click on the green ACCEPT answer button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
all of the books say it has a tps sensor and the auto parts store sells them for the 97 powerstroke ford says its by the injector pump and i bought one from my local ford dealer
Expert:  Shawn replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The information I have is directly from Ford Motor Company. The 7.3 Diesel motor is not equipped with a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). It is equipped with a accelerator pedal (AP) position sensor. Before replacing any parts I do recoomend proper testing first. If you need I can send the test procedures as well as the replacement instructions.

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system, I have sent the information you have requested, and if the answer has been helpful then Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button, so that I may get credit for my work. If you need more help let me know.