Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.

2004 ford taurus: dohc..ignition coil..coil packs..scanner

Customer Question

2004 ford taurus. 24 valve dohc engine. i am getting codes for ignition coil primarysecondary wiring on coils 1,2 and 4. i have changed all 6 plugs and boots and coil packs on 1,2 and 4. i have erased the codes on my scanner. when i start the engine now i can still feel the engine running rough and still getting the same codes. any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is Steve and I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

sounds like a bad pcm not firing the coils or a broken wire to the coils primary

Steve :

get a noid light and check for the light blinking when running on cyl #4 coil primary if it is not blinking check for power to the red wire constant if ok check the other wire to the pcm if ok need a new computer