Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

Crown: all my coil packs last night with OEM packs and now the car

Help - The A/C on my Crown vic stopped working. wondering if there is a connection ? I replaced all my coil packs last night with OEM packs and now the car is running hard and no A/C ?????

thanks

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Does the compressor clutch engage when the A/C is turned on?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help to know:

-Does the vehicle have Automatic or Manual climate controls?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the cluth does not engage.....its an manual controls.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The first thing to check is the A/C clutch relay in the BJB (Battery Junction Box), and electrical connections, (just in case they were accidentally disconnected). If you need I cxan send the pinpoint test procedures in order to determine the exact cause.

• The air conditioning (A/C) is inoperative/does not operate correctly
  • Fuse(s).
  • Circuitry short/open.
  • A/C cycling switch (19E561).
  • A/C system discharged/low charge.
  • A/C pressure cutoff switch (19D594).
  • EATC module.
  • Function selector switch.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK - i will check all those........Do you know where the fuse and/or cirut would be for a 2003 crown vic ?

Do you think it could have anything to do with me replacing the coils or just a coincidence ?

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. If the A/C was working properly before the repairs were made, then most likely it was something that happened at that time, when the coils were replaced. If you need, I can send the pinpoint test procedures in order to determine the exact cause.

Thank you for the reply.

Please give me a few moments to upload the information for you.

And Please don't forget to click on the green ACCEPT answer button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.Inspect for the obvious simple things, something may have been accidentally disconnected. The test procedures are below in pdf format, (just click on the link below).

Refer to Pinpoint Test "J"

Climate Control System Test Procedures Click Here

The system wiring diagrams are below.