Thomas
Thomas, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  15 years Ford experience. Gas and Diesel certified. by Ford and ASE
3090273

2000 Ford Taurus: my engine is single or dual cam..cylinder..vin

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus flex fuel 3.0 V6 engine. How do i know if my engine is single or dual cam and how many valves per cylinder it has? VIN-1FAFP5528YG198025
Category: Ford
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you today. Ok if your car is a flex fuel 3.0l it has to be a 3.0l OHV (over head valve) which means it is a 12 valve push rod engine it is not a overhead cam engine. The valve cover that has the oil fill should look like the one in this picture.graphic
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Here is a picture of the 24 valve DOHC 3.0 l the cover is a lot larger and it has the coils in the middle.graphic