Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

97 ford ranger: turn signal switch..old one..to wiring harness..pry

Installing a new turn signal switch on my 97 ford ranger and foung that the old one was melted to to wiring harness, after much work i managered to pry it off.... now i have a melted one good and one melted connetor, what is this conector called and how hard is it to replace, where can i buy one?

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You can purchase a new wiring pigtail from your local dealer. You will need some wire repair heat shrink tubing and a small pen torch and some resin core solder. Splice the wires together with the solder and heat then slide the heat shrink over them and heat them to provide insulation. You will need the wire diagram below.

graphicgraphic