Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

Cost to replace brake pads and rotor on my ford escape 2006

what would be the cost to replace brake pads and rotor on my ford escape 2006
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Are you looking to replace the front or rear brakes. And do you have disc brakes all the way around or drum in the rear (i ask, becuase the price of the front pads is different for drum/disc brakes in the rear. No idea why, it's just how it's listed).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
front brakes, not certain about the disc brakes . All I know is it is making a grinding noise and I was told I need pads and rotor replaced
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Ok. I'll price you out both:

The front brake pads sell for around $107 if you have drum in the rear, and around $$83 if you have disc in the rear (these are prices for "better quality" pads. Do it once, and do it right.). The front rotors sell for around $100 each. (no difference here on price, wether you have rear disc or drum, but the part numbers are different!). The labor time guide calls for just about an hour to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the botXXXXX XXXXXne. In this economy, a "fair" labor rate will be anywhere from $75-$95 per hour for a job of this nature.