CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified

2006 Ford f150: intermittent..miss..check engine light comes on

2006 Ford f150 5.4 L . Has a intermittent miss. check engine light comes on. it flashes when the miss gets really bad and AC stops working. Feels like its not firing on one cylinder but on top of replacing the plugs and two coils , two fuel filters the issues return . i would take it to ford for repair but they cant get to it for about a month. need the truck for to go on vacation. as bad as the miss can get it seems not to loose power. Please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

As odd as it may sound, I have had many F150's that have had numerous coils go bad or even all the coils go bad. I have seen them come in every few weeks with 1 or 2 coils bad and have had to replace them until all were replaced and then the problem were solved.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im kind of thinking the same but that is a lot of money to send on a guess
It is unfortunatly unless you are able to have the codes read with a scan tool and then swap the coils and then see if the code changes cylinders. At the dealer there are a few test we would do like a coil stress test to pinpoint the weak coils.