EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2006 FORD F150 4x4 5.4L RIGHT EXHAUST MANIFOLD REMOVAL - Right

Customer Question

2006 FORD F150 4x4 5.4L RIGHT EXHAUST MANIFOLD REMOVAL - Right side exhaust manifold is leaking. Trying to figure out how to get the manifold off. Looks like motor has to come out. This truck is a 4x4 and has independent front suspension. Would like detailed removal instructions from a Ford dealership mechanic that's actually done the job on this same type of truck with the independent front suspension, not I-beam. Thx.
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 5 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

snapontech :

Here are the steps let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Danny

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have these same instructions from Mitchell Repair, that's not what I'm looking for. Have you actually done this repair yourself? That's what I'm looking for, info from a mechanic that has actually performed this repair to verify the procedure to remove the RH exhaust manifold on this particular style of F150.
Sorry will opt out newest is 2000 and under on fords!
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I have done this repair several times. More than I would like to remember:). First, remove the right front fender well splash shield. Then unbolt the y-pipe, from both manifolds. Then unbolt the right side motor mount. Jack the engine up on that side as far as you can. Then you just need to get a setup of swivel sockets and extensions.The nuts are 13mm. Once the manifold is unbolted, then you just weasel it out of the fender well. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks, Eric