Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,
22989858

Alarm keeps going..the truck on or disconnect the battery cable

My alarm keeps going off when I lock the truck for the day. I have to come back and either turn the truck on or disconnect the battery cable. Is there something other than that I could do.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford expert replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.Use a scanner to access the Vehicle Security Module and perform the self test with all doors closed. If a code is retrieved for a certain door, access the door ajar switch in question and disconnect it, then jump the terminals in the harness connector together. If the problem goes away and the switch has been lubricated to no avail, replace the faulty switch. If a scanner with the capability to communicate with the VSM is not available, access the VSM and C2113a . Check each of the door ajar switches for a good ground with the doors closed. The door ajar switch inputs are pin 4 Black/Yellow for the Left Front door, pin 11 Black/Light Blue for the Left Rear door, pin 5 Black/Pink for the Right Front door, pin 6 Black/White for the Right Rear door, and pin 12 White/Violet for the liftgate. If any of the circuits do not show to be grounded with the door closed, go to the door in question and jump the door ajar switch wires together (for the liftgate, there is one switch in the liftgate latch and another for the glass only on vehicles without the power liftgate). If the circuit is then grounded and the interior lights go out, replace the switch and recheck operation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How or where do i connect the scanner to identify the faulty door that could be in question, thanks.

The scan tool is connected to the datalink connector under the dash
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is that the same scanner you use when for instance you get a check engine light and if it clears there really is no problem.
You'll need an actual scan tool not just a simple code reader
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found the fuse box, but dont know which fuse is for the alarm. They are numbered and not assigned by name. I would appreciate it if you could tell the size of the fuse, how many there are. Thanks.
Unfortunately there's not one single fuse that controls the alarm is controlled by the PCM