Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

2003 ford f250: replacing the icp sensor..6.0 diesel..flush

replacing the icp sensor on my 2003 ford f250 6.0 diesel. can't seem to get the sensor completely flush to the engine. i am able to get the o-ring inside the hole but the smaller rounded platform just above the o-ring stops at the engine leaving an approx 1/8" gap between the largest part of the sensor and the engine.

Thank you for using just answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

Are you trying to tighten the icp sensor under the turbo, if so are you doing it from the top of the motor?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes tighten the icp sensor under the turbo, but i'm going it by reaching from under the truck.

ok i was asking because going under the truck is the right way. Now are you sure you got a icp sensor for your year model because they change when they goto the valve cover in 04.?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went to the ford dealer ship and told them the year make model they gave me the part they have given me two different ones so far I can't even get the old one back in flush

u got the oring all the way back to the sensor?

Is it tighten or still turning?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can't see o-ring anymore. Won't turn anymore seems tight can't break loose with hands. Doesn't take much to loosen with socket
Yes i do think on that year that it does not flush with the system but is sealed. To make sure and your have probably thought of it is to start it up and see if it leaks. No leaks your good, if it leaks then you have something inside the icp hole. Make sure the old oring came out. I really do think that its not flush been awhile since i replaced one though
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will check the hole for objects again and let you know soon
ok