snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.

2004 Ford Taurus: 24 valve..a serpentine belt to by..AC compressor

I have a 2004 Ford Taurus with the 24 valve OHC Duretec engine. My question is if you can find a serpentine belt to by-pass the AC compressor (It is bad) and if so what would be the routing?
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 5 years ago.

snapontech :

Normally you can do this you will have to use string to measure it out and bypass the compressor

snapontech :

You will get a belt from napa after your measurement the other option is to get a new compressor from,com or local salvage yard and fix it right so you dont have to do it later. But thats how we do it when we want to bypass ac when building race cars that are still street cars. Let me know if you have any questions, Thanks Danny