snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

ford windstar my van will not go into gear if you step on

Customer Question

my van will not go into gear if you step on gas its like it is in park can u tell me what might be wrong with it
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 3 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

thanks

snapontech :

The problem can be from being low on fluid the first thing to do is check the level

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

i did check it it seems ok to me

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

i parked on a incline and when i went to put it in drive i was kind of harder because ofit being on a hill theni got it in frive i stepped on gas and it woldnt go forward or backwarf

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

i hear a noise

snapontech :

Does it feel like the brake is on or does it feel like its still in park

snapontech :

Does it feel like a brake is on or does it feel like its in park still

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

feels like it is still in park

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

can it be my cable wire or my sitch

snapontech :

Sounds like you broke park pin on the transmission cable

snapontech :

Put it in drive or neutral does it move

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

no it doesnt do anything

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

it might coast a little bit but thats it

snapontech :

So it does move?

snapontech :

not by the engine but by hand it will roll

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

ya

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

is it a big job

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

is it a big job to do

snapontech :

You need to look and see if anything moves when you try to shift it under the car the linkage is probably broke or came apart

snapontech :

This is not that bad and can be fixed easily

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

one more question my engine light is on and when they put it to machine it comes up lean wht can that be

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

they fixed the gas valve and they out new plugs and wires on

snapontech :

This can be a few things a start of a bad catalytic convertor A bad O2 sensor and can be caused by the Mass Airflow Sensor being bad

snapontech :

Those are the most common causes

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

ok so u dont think i would need a new transmittsion

snapontech :

No

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

one more thiing my brake light and abs light comes on once in a while

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

this van drives me crazy

snapontech :

that can be a cause of a loose connection on one of the wheel sensors I would inspect them and clean as needed

JACUSTOMER-0nc13vi8- :

ok thank you so very much i was having a heart attack lol

snapontech :

No problem please hit accept so I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks have a great night and HAPPY 4th of JULY Danny

snapontech :

Let me know if you need anything else if not please hit accept.. Thanks Danny