Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My van stalls in hot weather when you come to a stop..sputters..dies

Customer Question

My van stalls in hot weather when you come to a stop. It only does this when it is extremely hot outside. It will die and when we start it again it sputters and dies. If we let it sit for awhile it drives again. It did this to us last summer twice on super hot days but didn't do it once all winter. It is 97 degrees today and did it again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1995 Ford Windstar
3.8 Liter
299,000 miles

And we had it put on a diagnostic tester and nothing came back

The first thing I suggest you do is remove the battery cable and replace the idle air control valve located next to the throttle body. Then try it for the next few days if the concerns repeat then i suggest all of the steps below be completed.

• Thanks for coming to Just Answer and allowing me to help you.
  • If you need any clarification on my answer before or after you press accept just reply on this page and I will respond back to you.
  • Sometimes there is a delay in my response back to you, which is normally because of the times you and I are online are not the same. I work during the day and am usually online every evening from 6-12 cst. and on sunday mid-day during the race.