Lurch
Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

how do i replace glow plugs on a ford F 350 6.0 2005

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

Here is Ford procedures

click link below

REMOVE GLOW PLUGS

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system.

I have sent the information you have requested.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know this part I can not find the tool any where not even the ford dealer. and without it they do not come off any ideas>
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

wow...............
PLEASE EXCUSE ME, as I gave you VAN procedure

sorry long morning

here is Ford F350 procedures

click link below

GLOW PLUGS

The Tool, should be available from a number of Auto Parts Stores (sell or free rent)

You can also purchase On-Line
>>> CLICK HERE

Or make your own "crows foot type" pry tool

again........sorry

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i identify the glow plug relay
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

how do i identify the glow plug relay

sorry, was not aware this year had one, as I have never replaced it.
I am only aware of the Glow Plug Module, located on Passenger front side Valve Cover.

graphic

The glow plug system is composed of a solid state GPCM, glow plugs, and the associated wiring harness. The glow plug on-time is controlled by the PCM and is a function of oil temperature, barometric pressure, and battery voltage. The PCM enables the GPCM which drives the individual glow plugs. Glow plug on-time normally varies between 1 to 120 seconds . In addition to PCM control the GPCM internally limits the glow plug operation to 180 seconds regardless of the PCM commanded on-time. The power to the glow plug is provided through the GPCM solid slate drivers directly from the vehicle battery. The GPCM monitors and detects individual glow plug functionality and the control and communication links to the PCM. The failures detected by the GPCM are passed to the PCM using a serial communication signal on the diagnostic line.
The wait-to-start indicator on-time is controlled by the PCM and is independent from the GPCM on-time.

Will OPT OUT & see if someone else has that info

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
did you send it to others or do i have to do that
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried everything if I put a code reader on it tells me their no codes. the truck turns over and will only run like 1 or 2 revs just enough to think it will stare then it shuts down. Someone just suggested it was the oil filter can that even be possible?
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

I RELISTED this & "if" there is any 6.0 Experts on, they will see it.

Someone just suggested it was the oil filter can that even be possible?

vehicles equipped with a 6.0L engine may exhibit a runs rough, lacks power, hard start, no start concern with or without diagnostic trouble codes or various injector circuit codes.

This may be caused by a DC-DC converter located in one half of the Fuel Injector Control Module (FICM) or by the main circuit board in the other half of the FICM.

Can only be confirmed via Dealer Scan Tool

There is also a class action settlement for a number of components that Ford knew were bad:

As part of a class action settlement, certain vehicles may have been granted warranty extensions for the turbocharger, fuel injectors, EGR valve and/or A/C compressor, each dependant on the vehicles repair history. OASIS has been loaded and will be updated ongoing based on Ford warranty history.

Also ECM Recalibration

If someone else can help, they will post here