Marty, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Certified. 20 years experience. Certified training in: driveability, electronics, etc.

Ford focus ZX5: rear hatch will not open with the remote or button

ford focus ZX5
rear hatch will not open with the remote or button on dash. Only the key on the rear hatch.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Marty replied 5 years ago.
Allow me to help in diagnosing your vehicle! If I helped make sure to hit ACCEPT button so as I can get credited.

The problem is probably the switch because half the circuit is the same circuit as the switch on the trunk. To confirm remove switch and jump pin 1 and 2 together. it should open. If it does replace switch
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Marty,

I'm not technical, so please explain what you mean by SWITCH.

Expert:  Marty replied 5 years ago.
Sorry i miss read you question If neither the dash switch or the remote button are inoperative the problem is probably the actuator on the liftgate latch. Check fuses #63,#32. If ok check for 12volts and ground on the connector for the actuator on the liftgate latch. Do this when pressing the liftgate switch. If you have power and ground you will require a liftgate actuator. Wire colours are pin1 white/green and pin2 black