Thomas, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  15 years Ford experience. Gas and Diesel certified. by Ford and ASE

Ford E-350 Econoline I am trying to locate the fuel pump relay

Customer Question

I am trying to locate the fuel pump relay on my 1988 Ford Econoline Club Wagon. It is a V8, 3.8 L, 351cc. There is no power going to the fuel pump. I do not have an owner's manual so I do not know which fuse it is, but I checked them all and didn't see any problems.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you today.

Installed In A Plastic Protective Cover Assembly Mounted On The RH Fender

Here is a wiring diagram, I can't get a picture of the relay but you can use the wiring diagram to match the wire colors to the relay on your van to make sure it is the relay.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The relay was not where you said it was. It was behind the speedometer unit, which I had to remove. Also the wires going to the relay did not match those in the diagram you provided. your answer cost me several hours of work and I am dissatisfied with it. I do not have another question.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry for your trouble, I never heard of a f/p relay being behind the speedo. Thats a odd place. I got my info from the Ford online manual. Again I am sorry it was incorrect.