Chuck
Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance
17659378

2011 f150 xlt: 80 mph..I disable mykey

I bought a new Ford 2011 f150 xlt yesterday. However, I fooled around and enabled mykey, which limits my volume on audio and limits my speed to 80 mph. Can I disable mykey?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chuck replied 3 years ago.

Chuck :

Here are the instructions for clearing MY KEY feature

Chuck :

Clear MyKey®

With Base Message Center

1. NOTE: This procedure is used to clear the MyKey® feature on all of the keys that are programmed to the vehicle. All of the keys then operate as normal (admin) keys with no restrictions.

Insert an admin key into the ignition and turn the key to the RUN position.2Press SETUP until PRESS RESET TO CLEAR MYKEY is displayed.

2. Press and release the RESET button until HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM CLEAR is displayed.

3. Press and hold the RESET button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed.

• A MyKey® can also be cleared during the same key cycle that it was programmed by following Steps 2, 3 and 4 of this procedure.

With Optional Message Center

Insert an admin key into the ignition and turn the key to the RUN position.

1. From the message center main menu, use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select Settings. Press the OK button.

1. Use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select MyKey. Press the OK button.

1. Use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select Clear MyKeys. Press the OK button.

Chuck :

Clear MyKey®

With Base Message Center

1.NOTE:

2.Press SETUP until PRESS RESET TO CLEAR MYKEY is displayed.

3.Press and release the RESET button until HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM CLEAR is displayed.

4.Press and hold the RESET button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed.

A MyKey® can also be cleared during the same key cycle that it was programmed by following Steps 2, 3 and 4 of this procedure.

With Optional Message Center

1.NOTE:

2.From the message center main menu, use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select Settings. Press the OK button.

3.Use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select MyKey. Press the OK button.

4.Use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select Clear MyKeys. Press the OK button.

This procedure is used to clear the MyKey® feature on all of the keys that are programmed to the vehicle. All of the keys then operate as normal (admin) keys with no restrictions.

Chuck :

Had to repost it so the steps were numbered correctly

Customer:

What is run position?

Chuck :

on position,just turn key until accessories are active

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I feel dumb. What is admin key? Is setup located on the ok button?

Chuck :

After a MyKey® has been programmed, the remaining standard key(s) (the key[s] that is not programmed with the MyKey® feature) is referred to as an "administrator key(s)" or "admin" key(s). There must always be at least one admin key.

Customer:

i have the second key. Where is the setup button?

Chuck :

Which message center do you have?

Customer:

ok in the middle. arrows on each side of it. and cruise control below it.

Chuck :

Let me pull up a copy of the owners manual right quick

Customer:

ok

Customer:

page 22

Chuck :

Ok is that what you have listed there?

Customer:

no

Customer:

i have no setup button or info or reset

Chuck :

so you have the optional message center then with the controls on the steering wheel?

Customer:

ihave the cruise control with a box above it, with ok in the middle and 4 arrows around it.

Customer:

yes

Chuck :

go to page 33 is this what you have?

Customer:

yes on my page 31

Customer:

i can access allof those listed

Chuck :

Ok you have the optional message center you would follow the 2nd instructions

Chuck :

With Optional Message Center

1.NOTE:

4.Use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select Clear MyKeys. Press the OK button

Customer:

got it.

Customer:

i will not do that again

Chuck :

so you got it cleared then?

Customer:

yes sir

Chuck :

Good.

Chuck :

Thanks for using Just Answer

Customer:

my kids are grown so i do not need that.

Customer:

thank you.

Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance