Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,
22989858

According: Myvan6cylinderchugsatslowidlespeedsaround30mph..tranny

My van 6 cylinder chugs at slow idle speeds around 30 mph But not all the time. I had a tune up including wires etc. still does it sometimes. According to mechanic tranny filter ok.. any ideas

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford expert replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

What exactly do you mean by chugging ? please give me some more detail

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bumping or bucking like a roller coaster when it first gets to the first incline and the cars bang each other..sorry hard to explain...idles nice just slow moving speeds through town or even fast speeds just not needing much acceleration. goes away when I give it gas but cant do that in a school zone:)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Missing a cylinder at slow rpms? That kind of bucking or chugging
Disconnect the electrical connector from the Delta Pressure Feedback Exhaust Gas Recirculation EGR DPFE sensor. This is the flow sensor for the EGR system. It is a rectangular aluminum sensor with a 3-wire connector mounted at the front of the passenger side valve cover. Drive the vehicle and see if the bucking problem ever occur with the DPFE sensor disconnected. Ignore any EGR or DPFE sensor- related codes. If the problem never occurs with the DPFE sensor disconnected, replace the DPFE sensor with the updated Black plastic sensor