Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

2000 Escort ZX2 - rough idle, stalling. Drives well under acceleration. P0171 code. Suspec

2000 Escort ZX2 - rough idle, stalling. Drives well under acceleration. P0171 code. Suspected O2 sensor but not sure. Cannot locate or hear any vac leaks. Cleaned MAF sensor to no avail. Could this be a faulty Idle valve? I don't see how a O2 sensor would make the car run bad ... Thanks in advance!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The most common cause of the problem you are having in most cases is caused by a vacuum leak. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from Ford Motor Company in regards XXXXX XXXXX situation. If you need I can send you a copy of the TSB.

The TSB is intended to aid in diagnosing DTC's P0171, P0174, P1130, P1131, P1150, P1151, P2195, or P2197 (system lean or lack of HEGO switches) when a vacuum leak is present. HEGO sensors, MAF sensors, and PCM replacements are not an effective repair when a vacuum leak is causing the above DTC's.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, I would like to see the TSB concerning this issue. How can you get it to me?

Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

Please give me a few moments to upload that information for you. And Please don't forget to click on the green ACCEPT answer button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The TSB is below in pdf format, (just click on the link below).

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system, I have sent the information you have requested, and if the answer has been helpful then Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button, so that I may get credit for my work.

CLICK HERE FOR TSB